Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Meet Dee Henderson!

In the July edition of The SPIRE you’ll read that the Session has agreed to hire an additional part-time staff person for the church office. Dee Henderson is an experienced Presbyterian church administrator who will be taking over much of our publication and scheduling work, freeing Beth and Norma to concentrate on their church growth and financial responsibilities. Here’s what Dee has to say about herself:
In October of 2010 I purchased a home in the Festival Ranch Retirement Community in Buckeye, AZ. I utilized it as a vacation home until March of 2015. Then I moved from my home in San Diego, CA, where I worked as Administrative Assistant at the Southeast Community Presbyterian Church, Pastor Deborah Mitchell.

This was to be my retirement. However, I found that I was just not ready to retire.

A few weeks ago on my morning walk, I asked God to guide me and direct me to find employment and where I could serve Him. He answered my prayer and now I find myself here at the First Presbyterian Church of Sun City, AZ. What a blessing! I am delighted to be here!
You will find Dee in Carol Arseth’s former office Monday-Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings. (Items for the Justa Center should now be placed in the Agua Fria Room instead.) She will be responsible for editing our weekly bulletins, scheduling volunteers for participation in worship services, and publishing future editions of The SPIRE, among other duties. We are extremely fortunate to have her join us—please give her a warm First Presbyterian welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment