Saturday, January 16, 2016
In January we will be adding a new project for Family Services at Luke. We'll be making Layettes - blanket, sweater, cap and booties. We're excited about this new project. Anyone who would like to help - please join us the first and third Monday of the month. (In January the third Monday is a holiday so we will be meeting on the fourth Monday instead.) We appreciate any donations for yarn and also coupons. You can leave them in the church office or in our basket in Swain Hall.
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
- The Per Capita Apportionment for 2016 is $34.00 per member. The Book of Order describes per capita as one of the ways that "demonstrates the unity and interdependence of the church." Our total apportionment is $5576.00 based on our membership as of December 31, 2014.
- The 2016 contribution envelopes are on the table in the narthex. Everyone who contributed weekly or monthly rather than annually or bi-annually in 2015 should find a box with their name on it. Many will find the same number used in 2015. A few will have a new number. If you do not find a box of envelopes please contact Norma Mack, 623.972.5488.
- The deadline for articles for the Annual Report is January 15, 2016. Reports are needed from Men's Breakfast; Presbyterian Women; Administration, Congregational Care, and Education & Worship Commissions; Associate for Congregational Life; Church Library; and Stephen Ministry.
Monday, January 4, 2016
Our circle Bible study, “Come to the Waters,” continues to be a well-accepted study—relevant and easy to study and present. There are three copies still available in the office if you haven’t picked up yours. The cost is $10.
Dates to remember:
- Wednesday, January 6, 9:00 am, CT meeting in the Annex.
- Wednesday, January 27, the 3rd Annual PW Chili Luncheon with the men as our guests. The program will be a lively, interesting discussion between Dick Zabriskie and Zane Porter. You do not want to miss this program—and the chili will be great, too! There will be a signup sheet in Swain Hall, or you can call the church office. It is important that we have a count!
We hope you are taking advantage of reading the books from the PWP reading list! The books can be found on the table below the PW bulletin board in Swain Hall. Check them out! Be sure to keep track of those you have read. We will be asking for your list later.
Your coordinating team wishes you a Happy New Year.
~Gail, Marge, and Lois