|September PW Gathering|
Speaker Donna Yordy, PW Presbytery Moderator,
shared her mission experiences in Appalachia.
Telling the Story
The theme of the programs at our Gatherings this year will be “Let’s Get Acquainted.” We will have speakers from our own congregation! They will speak on their life experiences and you are guaranteed to be entertained.
Our first program speaker will be Carol Maxwell. Her program is “Growing Pains.” She will be featured at our October 23rd Gathering which will be a Salad Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Make plans to attend. A sign-up sheet will be available in October.
Presbyterian Women donated $875 dollars to Agua Fria Food Bank for 25 school uniforms for children unable to purchase them. We appreciate your support which gives us this opportunity.
We recognize those who have birthdays each month. There are two ladies that decorate a table at Swain Hall. This happens the second Sunday of the month at coffee following church service. If you have any special “goodies” (cake, cookies) you would like to donate let Billie Lewis know.
Circles are meeting now. If you have not attended one, please visit. All women of the church are invited. You can look forward to a Bible Study, friendship, and fellowship with other women in an intimate setting. The Bible Study this year is the “Presence of God in Exodus and Deuteronomy.”
Circles meet as follows:
- Circle #1—Second Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. in Annex 2
- Circle #2 Rachel Circle—Second Tuesday of the month at 2:30 p.m. in Annex 2
- Circle #3—Second Wednesday of the month at 9 a.m. in Annex 2
- Saturday, October 5, is Presbytery Women Workshop at our church, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Bring kitchen and bath shower items for those who lost homes in Yarnell.
- Deadline for registration for the Synod of the Southwest Gathering in Albuquerque is October 4. Contact Diane Nestlebush for a registration form or information.
- Next CT Meeting is Wednesday, October 2, at 9 a.m. in Annex 2.
Blessings to all of you. I hope to see you soon at one of our gatherings.
~Diane Nestlebush, Moderator