Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Justa Center Update

I have delivered two more loads of donations to the Justa Center this month. The response to their need by our congregation has been absolutely marvelous. Keep up the good work!

Furniture, bedding, dishes, and small appliances are especially welcome. However, if you are planning to donate high tech items such as computers or printers, please make sure they are in working order and have all of the required parts and attachments. Recently there was a really nice HP combined Print, Fax, Scan, Copy machine left and it works. Unfortunately, the paper holder was missing, so it is useless for donation purposes.

All clothing articles for adults are acceptable. Please remember, do not include items that need mending or laundering. I have been taking some of the fruit from my fruit trees down also. The Executive Director, Barbara Lewkowitz, says most of the homeless are severely lacking in Vitamin C, and she therefore welcomes fresh fruit donations. However, do not leave fruit donations in the Agua Fria Room. Please coordinate with me before picking any fruit. I cannot make a trip to downtown Phoenix just to deliver fruit. I only take it along with full loads. You can call me at 623.249.3005. I usually pick my fruit on the day I am going down with a load.

Just as a reminder, the Justa Center is a Qualifying Charitable Organization allowing a tax credit. It really helps out in reducing your state income tax.

You can go online to download the Tax Credit Donation Form.

Carol Maxwell
Justa Center Volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment