Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Getting to Know You

I am excited about being your interim pastor, and am grateful to God for bringing us together. I expect to hit the ground running in the New Year, and I want to meet my new church family as quickly as possible. I ask for your help in creating opportunities for that to happen.

Surely you remember the delightful musical The King and I by Rogers and Hammerstein in which a school teacher introduced herself to her students by singing Getting To Know You. Let the words of the chorus be our theme for January as we introduce ourselves to each other and share the unique journeys that brought us together.
Getting to know you
Getting to know all about you
Getting to like you
Getting to hope you like me
I am grateful for the way Harrell finished his ministry with a ritual of gratitude and of closure in worship, and for the way he encouraged you and me to continue the ministry of Christ in the New Year. Transitions are a time of sadness that comes with parting, and also of adventure that comes with starting something new. In the interim season, I will be meeting with the leadership of the church in retreat in January to set goals for the interim season so we can work together to accomplish all that our Lord inspires us to do.

Interim seasons are fun, and I trust that we will enjoy the time that God grants us to be together. The interim search committee and the Session have already made me feel very much at home among you, and I look forward to experiencing the welcoming spirit of the congregation. Thank you for inviting me to share your ministry.

With every blessing,
David Hodgson

No comments:

Post a Comment