Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Season of Change

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven….

I shared this letter with Session on September 17th. The Session voted to concur with my request. Now it’s the time for transition for all of us. Thank you for the opportunity to serve this congregation. Thank you for your friendships and support. You have blessed me. I will remember you always. Thanks be to God!

Session: First Presbyterian Church of Sun City
12225 N. 103rd Ave.
Sun City, AZ 85351

Friends:

After prayerful reflection and lengthy conversations with Carol and the rest of our family, I have decided to retire from full-time ministry effective January 1, 2016. Scripture tells us there is a time for every matter under heaven. Now is the time for transition for both the congregation and our family.

The past five years have been the most rewarding of all my years as an ordained minister. You have welcomed me and made our family part of your journey. You have gifted me with the privilege of serving as your pastor. Together we celebrated the first fifty years of this church’s ministry. We created a vision for the future and raised the funds to renovate the buildings and grounds. We restored the courtyard and memorial garden. The Celtic Cross will be a lasting legacy for generations to come. Along with the Session, we restructured policies and procedures to make the church more efficient and provide for the long-term. As a congregation, we have brought the best of the past with us while taking steps toward the future. First Presbyterian Church is strong and alive.

Every congregation develops skills and insights. Those assets will carry you forward as you move into the future. You have the gifts of talented staff and dedicated volunteers. You have a strong foundation upon which to build. Your future is bright and I’m excited for you.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the honor of being pastor to this church. I give glory to God for the opportunity you gave me to walk alongside you in ministry, dedication, and love.

Grace and Peace.
Harrell

No comments:

Post a Comment