Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Latest from the Library

Did you know that we have 1628 books in our library as of the end of June? We have added 15 more books during July and August. This is truly an astounding little library.

I just finished reading The Testament by John Grisham. It came out in 1999 and is one of the few of his books that I had not yet read. If you haven't read it, it is a thriller and takes you into the swamps and jungles of Brazil amid primitive Indian tribes. I read it in a day and a half because I couldn't put it down.

I am also reading Edgar Cayce on the Dead Sea Scrolls. He is the famous clairvoyant who predicted where the scrolls would be found 11 years before they actually were. He was a deeply religious man, thus most of his over 2500 Life Readings are steeped in religious history. It too is an absolutely fascinating read. I highly recommend it.

If you are anything like me, in these troubled times of controversy and fear of Islam and Muslims in general, you might want to read Islam Revealed – A Christian Arab's View of Islam by Dr. Anis A. Shorrosh. It is an eye opener and offers some real insight into not only the differences but also the sameness in all those, regardless of religion, who truly follow the precepts of peace and love.

Peace and Love to all of you from your happily engrossed Librarian,
Carol Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment